In the United States, the Texas board of education is very important because the state is so large. This means that the board has a large sway over which textbooks are used nationwide in schools. Historically Texas has been a battleground for creationism, with efforts to get as many fundamentalist Christians onto the board of education as possible.
Mary Lou Bruner is running for election to the board. Unfortunately she has some fairly crazy ideas. Here are some choice quotes:
"Obama has a soft spot for homosexuals because of the years he spent as a male prostitute in his twenties. That is how he paid for his drugs. He has admitted he was addicted to drugs when he was young, and he is sympathetic with homosexuals; but he hasn't come out of the closet about G, own homosexual/bisexual background. He hasn't quite evolved that much! Since he supports gay marriage, he should be proud of his background as a homosexual/bisexual. He is against everything else Christians stand for, he might as well be for infidelity."
"Climate change has nothing to do with weather or climate, it's all about system change from capitalism (free enterprise) to Socialism-Communism. The Climate Change HOAX was Karl Marx's idea. It took time to 'condition' the people so they would believe such a HOAX!"
There are many more quotes:
- Obama was a male prostitute
- Climate change is a Marxist Hoax
- The dinosaurs were buried in Noah's flood
- School shootings in the US occur because schools teach evolution
- Sex education is inappropriate
- The JFK assassination was a conspiracy
- The One World Order plans to reduce the world's population by two thirds
- Islam is not a religion
- Obama was part of a conspiracy involving Ahmed Mohamed, the boy who took a clock to school and was arrested
- Obama's terrorist list is responsible for some of her Facebook comments not appearing immediately
- Gay marriage is unconstitutional